Terms & Conditions
UAskNow provides the uasknow.com service ("the Service") to you on an 'as is' basis. Whilst we use our reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the Service ("Information"):
1. does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability or legality of any of the Information;
2. expressly disclaims all or any warranties, express or implied, relating to the Service, including in particular any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose;
3. will not be liable to you under any circumstances whatsoever for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive or special damages arising from your use of the Service;
4. reserves the right, at its discretion, from time to time to make changes to the Information provided on the Service, to alter the nature of the Service, to withdraw all or parts of the Service or to change these terms & conditions of use.
You are therefore advised to check any Information provided to you through the Service as any reliance that you place on the accuracy of that Information is at your own risk.
2. Use of UASKNOW.com
The Service provides access to both free Information, which can be searched without the need to register and premium Information, for which you must register and purchase one of our premium service packages. Contact us to know more about it at - 09 271 3209.
3. Restrictions on Use of the Service
You may use Information for reasonable personal use or, in the case of a business, for internal purposes only. You may not sell, rent, lease, publish or display Information to any third parties. You may not integrate the Service into another intranet/extranet to access our services. You may not use automated scripts, software, spiders or any other automated means to perform searches on the Service. Any attempt to extract or download significant amounts of Information from the Service or to compile a database from Information obtained from the Service is strictly forbidden.
You are only entitled to use Information in fair, lawful and responsible ways and Information may not be used in any malicious, illegal or anti-social activity. We reserve the right to suspend any accounts where a user has supplied UASKNOW with a false email address or false personal data or where it comes to our attention that Information obtained from the service is being used in an inappropriate way.
You may not i) use Information to recreate, in whole or in part, any database, including the directory enquiry database; or ii) use Information for direct marketing purposes; or iii) export or permit the export of any substantial amount of Information to other country; or iii) distribute any substantial amount of Information to third parties.
You agree that in relation to all Information derived from the Service you will comply with all applicable laws and codes of practice including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Code of Practice on Telecommunications Directory Information Covering the Fair Processing of Personal Data (21 December 1998). You are warned that obtaining Information from the Service with the intention of using it for purposes other than allowed for in these terms & conditions may be an offence under Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998 and you should be prepared to justify your use of the Service to the relevant authorities.
You agree that if any complaint is made which relates to your use of Information you will assist UASKNOW and its data suppliers in investigating the complaint and You shall take such steps as are reasonably necessary to remedy the complaint as soon as possible.
4. Intellectual Property
The Information contained on the Service, the software used to operate it and the trade marks, logos and other intellectual property used in connection with it are the property of UASKNOW or have been licensed to UASKNOW. No license of any such intellectual property rights is granted to you as a result of your use of the Service. Through your use of the Service you shall have neither rights in the BT trademarks nor any right to reproduce those trademarks on any material.
5. The Rights of UASKNOW
By using the Service you agree to these terms and conditions and you agree:
1. to allow UASKNOW to Send you emails relating to your registration, purchases and account, including site upgrades;
2. that if you select to receive the uasknow.com Newsletter we will email you the regular uasknow.com Newsletter;
3. that if you select to receive uasknow.com Partner Offers we will also pass your information to very carefully selected partners of uasknow.com for specific and relevant promotions only (from which you can always opt-out). Email preferences can be changed from within the "Your Account" area of the Service.
4. that UASKNOW may keep a log file of all searches, which can be made available to data subjects and/or the law enforcement authorities.
Data subjects may request details of the information we hold on them, as laid out in the Data Protection Act.
6. Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
BY USING THE SERVICE YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.